About the Online BCTF Curriculum Vitae Form
The BCTF Curriculum Vitae form is an interactive PDF form.
- A recent version of Adobe Acrobat® Reader
(Adobe CC is recommended)
- For Windows Users:
- IE 11
- Firefox most up to date version with FireFox tweak below
- Chrome and Edge users (see Trouble shooting guide below)
- For Mac Users:
- Safari 5+ or Firefox 35+ with Adobe Reader as their default PDF viewer
- do not use Preview; Acrobat Reader is required
Electronic form completion
- click within a field to fill in
- tab key may be used to move between fields
- required fields – the top right field to include
an e-mail or fax for receipt confirmation and the Name field are required; if not completed when you click 'Submit', a message will display noting the field that was found empty and form submission will not occur until the field is completed
- you should also print the completed form for your records
The following submission methods are available:
Do one of the following:
- Using a supported browser, complete form and click 'Submit' (see
email submission instructions for additional information).
If you cannot interact with the form or the 'Submit' button, please see Troubleshooting guide below
- Download the CV form manually (see How
to download the CV form manually below), complete and save PDF, then send completed PDF as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Download the CV form manually (see How to download the CV form manually below)
- Complete and print a copy to be faxed
- Fax number can be located on top of the CV form
How to download the CV form manually
- Right-click on the form link below
- Select Save Link As
- If prompted, choose a location on your computer such as the Desktop or Documents and save the CV form
- Click the form link below
- If the CV form opens in your browser, click on the Save button or right-click and select Save As
- If prompted, choose a location on your computer such as the Desktop or Documents to save the form
For best result, use the free Adobe Reader. The Adobe Reader can be configured to be used within most web browsers with Google Chrome and Microsoft's new Edge browser being the exceptions.
MS Edge (not to be confused with Internet Explorer)
- Will not be able to interact with the CV form using the built-in viewer nor will the ‘Submit’ button work.
- No option to use a different viewer within Edge
- Users must download the CV form and use Adobe Reader to fill in the information. Then follow
email submission instruction (above) to submit the form.
Google Chrome users
- Are able to fill in the information, and print a completed form to be faxed
- Not able to use the ‘Submit’ button
- Not able to save a completed form, Chrome will ONLY save an empty form
- Best to download the form manually, and then use Adobe Reader to interact with the CV
- By default, this browser will behave very similar to Edge when handling PDF
- Users can setup their Firefox to use the Adobe Reader instead of Firefox's built-in viewer
How to tweak Firefox to use Adobe Reader:
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Applications panel.
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list and click on it to select it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the Action column for the above entry and select User Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox)
- Once this is done, the submit button will function as outlined in the
email submission instructions
How to set Safari to use Adobe Reader:
- Launch Safari, and then choose Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, choose Security and then click the Website Settings button for Internet plug-ins.
- Now select Adobe Reader in the list of plug-ins.
If you have any difficulties please contact the Webmanager.