BCTF Program for Quality Teaching
Current research and experience tells us that inquiry is a form of professional development that promotes deep, relevant, personal learning within a community of teaching professionals.
What is Teacher Inquiry? What are the benefits of Inquiry?
What does Teacher Inquiry look like?
This webinar answers most questions you have about Inquiry. You will also hear stories from the field, success stories on how Inquiry is helping and transforming the teaching practice, and even the being of teachers from all over the province.
Once you have watched the webinar, if you are interested in the BCTF’s Teacher Inquiry program contact us. You are an email or phone call away from being part of fantastic initiatives that are designed for you.
From left to right, Lucie Ferrari, Lily Kamarn, Amanda Wardrop, Henry Lee and Jane Turner.
Articles and reports
- THESA Inquiry Project 2014/2015 report, March 2016
- Teachers + technology + teacher inquiry = improved learning for students.
BCTF Research list post (Nov 30, 2011)
- Teacher inquiry. Teacher newsmagazine (Mar 2010)
- Building collaboration for professional learning in School District 20, Kootenay-Columbia: A report from the BCTF/School District Inquiry Group 2013-14, by Charlie Naylor, Senior Researcher, BCTF Research, May 2014
- BC Teachers’ Federation, Teacher Inquiry Work Group. (2008). Teacher inquiry in the BCTF: A focus for supporting teachers’ professional development. BC Teachers’ Federation, Vancouver, BC.
- Naylor, C., et al. (2012). A British Columbia teacher union and school district collaboration to support inclusion. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 13-17, 2012.
- Naylor, C. (2010). A Canadian teacher union and its approach to teacher inquiry: A west coast perspective.
Paper presented at the Canadian Society for the Study of Education 2010 Congress.
- Naylor, C., et al. (2012). Teacher inquiry: The catalytic and collaborative role of a Canadian teacher union.
Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 13–17, 2012.
Research and resources