Mediation is conducted by volunteer BCTF members, trained, and experienced as mediators who work with teachers and others to help resolve workplace conflicts.
The service can help to resolve a variety of conflict situations including disputes about:
- respectful professional relations
- duties, roles, and responsibilities
- decision making, policies and procedures
- school culture and climate
What kind of situation is NOT suited to mediation? Generally mediation is not advisable if there is:
- unwillingness by one of the parties to participate voluntarily
- an expectation for the mediators to make decisions
- an expectation for the mediators to make judgements
- a high level of concern for personal safety
For additional information on situations group mediation can assist with see: Advice - Group Mediation through Internal Mediation Service Additional Information.