$71,614.48 to $91,276.95 per annum
The System Analyst/Programmer reports to the Manager of Information Technology and assists the BCTF in operating more efficiently and effectively through the design and implementation of information technology systems.
The role of the Systems Analyst/Programmer is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and existing software applications and databases to ensure these solutions support or continue to support the organization’s core functions and BCTF’s strategic direction; provide decision support, business analysis, and technical management for Departments and Divisions within BCTF and various external groups; and provide input to the planning and implementation of policies and procedures related to these applications that are consistent with organizational goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
To be successful in the role the candidate will have more than five (5) years of directly related IT experience that demonstrates the following:
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Project management or technical lead experience.
- Proficiency in modern script and coding languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of data analysis, data management, and database design.
- Proven experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to collaborate and lead planning with team members and end users.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Consulting with management and end users to determine the needs of the system.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, identifying areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Collaborating with end users to define and document requirements, completing business analysis tasks and activities that better ensure staff can effectively use available supported technologies.
- Developing system design proposals, business designs, workflows, database designs, models and requirements specifications. Creating systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts as appropriate.
- Liaising with internal and external teams/vendors on data migration and system interface activities to ensure dependencies are understood, addressed, and requirements are correctly communicated and recorded.
- Completing tasks as assigned in project plans for larger initiatives or as defined in status reporting for smaller enhancements or fixes; tracking progress to plan and otherwise exercising sound project management practices in accordance with established organizational and departmental practices.
- Providing software application support, validating and resolving application issues
- Performing analysis on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
- Consulting with the IT team, end users and external vendors to improve application performance.
- Performing coding, in-depth testing for new or modified applications. Assisting with testing, including creating test documentation such as Test Plans, Test Scenarios/Scripts and Test Reports to ensure that the business requirements are met. Assisting end users with user acceptance testing.
- Managing code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
- Responding to problems escalated by the helpdesk team in a timely manner. Establishing the root causes of application errors, and escalating to the vendor.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and schedule application updates.
- Providing ongoing clarification and support to the user experience, developing, training, and testing teams to ensure correct interpretation of the business requirements and process design and to contribute to their success.
- Supporting decision making by designing and developing business intelligence/visualizations tools to communicate trends and data patterns to present to internal and external audiences.
- Designing, leading and participating in development of reports by applying knowledge in database design and software programming.
- Designing and developing organizational wide data analysis and reporting solutions.
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources.
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to management and end users.
The successful candidate will also have completed:
- College diploma in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering
Please submit cover letter, résumé, and references, not later than 5:00 p.m. on October 28, 2021, via the link J0311-2021-01.
Because the BCTF has an affirmative action policy, an applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information as to whether they self-identify as a member of an equity-seeking group, which includes female, trans* (trans, transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, two-spirit, transwoman, transman), visible minority or racialized person, Aboriginal (Indigenous) person, person with a disability, or lesbian, gay, or bisexual person.