One, 3-year term, to June 30, 2025
One, 2-year term, to June 30, 2024
One, 1-year term, to June 30, 2023
Terms of reference:
- Advise the Executive Committee on all matters related to adult education.
- Review education policy and research, and to provide advice on initiatives to increase opportunities for adult learners.
- Advise the Executive Committee on the needs and concerns of adult education teachers, including as they pertain to bargaining.
- Develop strategies for achieving parity in funding for adult education and achieving equity in working conditions for adult education teachers.
- Challenge thinking, structures, and systems that perpetuate colonialism and
- work together with others to ensure that the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action and United Nations Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples are implemented.
Committee members are expected to attend three advisory committee meetings during the year; each meeting is two days, usually scheduled on Friday/Saturday. Committee members may also attend the BCTF Summer Leadership Conference for three days in August.
Deadline: October 7, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
To apply please complete the online CV application form on the BCTF website at bctf.ca/forms/CV/.
Because the BCTF has an affirmative action policy, applicants may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information as to whether they self-identify as a member of one or more equity-seeking groups. This includes women, racialized persons, Aboriginal persons, persons who are trans, gender diverse or Two Spirit, persons with a disability, and persons who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual.