The ratification vote will be held from November 28–30, 2022. Members should have been informed by their locals if they are using electronic or in-person paper ballot voting.
If your local is using in-person paper ballots, please contact your local office about voting times and locations.
When can I vote?
If you are voting electronically, your Simply Voting link will be active during the following times:
- Voting opens at 12:01 a.m. PST on November 28.
- Voting closes at 6:00 p.m. PST on November 30.
NOTE: the Simply Voting link will be sent out on the evening of November 27 but will only be active during the times specified above.
What do I do if I have not received a voting link by 12:00 p.m. on November 28?
- Confirm that your local is voting electronically, as some locals have chosen to vote by paper balloting.
- Search your email inbox for the term “simplyvoting.” In most cases, the email would have been sent to your personal address on file with the BCTF, but for some members, we only have your school district address. Check that one as well.
- Check your junk or spam folder.
- If you still have not received the voting link by 12:00 p.m. on November 28, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information: your first name, last name, email address, date of birth, and your local and school district employee number.
The email@example.com email will be monitored during the following times:
- 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on November 28
- 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on November 29
- 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on November 30.
If I work in more than one local, how do I know where I should vote?
As per Policy 20.A.06 in the BCTF Members’ Guide:
Where an active member works in more than one local:
- the active member is presumed to be able to vote and hold office (“voting membership”) in the first local in which application for membership is made
- where an active member works as a teacher teaching on call in more than one local and is subsequently employed on a regular temporary or continuing contract, voting membership will be assigned to the local in which the member has the temporary or continuing contract.
What kind of device do I need if my local is voting electronically?
You can use any type of device with an internet connection and a browser to cast your vote. The system works with computers, laptops, smart phones, and tablets. However, the link only works once, no matter the device you use. You cannot use different devices to vote more than once.
What if I share my email with another member, such as a partner or spouse?
The single email address will receive an email for each individual with a personalized and unique link.
If my local is voting in person, can I vote electronically?
If your local has chosen to vote by paper ballot, you are required to vote by paper ballot.
If my local is voting by paper ballot, who can I contact to find out about polling?
Please contact your local office.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the tentative agreement?
For any questions regarding the details of the tentative agreement, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I don’t have access to email or have a service disruption with my internet provider?
Please contact the Provincial Returning Officer, Andy Closkey, if you have no access to internet over the three-day voting period. He can be reached at email@example.com, 236-330-8995, or toll free at 1-800-871-6131.