BCTF Travel Insurance
Canadian Direct Insurance, through its relationship with ToGo, provides BCTF members with a competitive travel insurance product which provides emergency coverage when you are travelling outside of British Columbia.
As an Advantage Member you have access to a variety of travel insurance coverages including::
- Travel Medical Insurance—Single Trip or Multi Trip Annual
- Travel Medical Insurance—Visitors to Canada
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption
- Trip Interruption
- Baggage Insurance
- Pre-existing Condition Coverage
- Rental Car Protection
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- All-Inclusive Holiday Packages (for Canadians and Visitors to Canada)
- Trip cancellation / trip interruption coverage.
Get a Travel Insurance Quote
Why Travel Insurance?
The cost of emergency medical care outside British Columbia can be significant – on top of the added stress of enduring an emergency away from home. Plus, some individuals are surprised to learn that Health Insurance BC (formerly Medical Services Plan and PharmaCare) may cover as little as 10% of the medical expenses you may face when travelling.
BCTF Plan Summary
Here are just a few highlights of your new plan:
- Enjoy simple online purchasing for maximum convenience
- Multiple trip length policies, with flexible “add on” days when you need them
- Toll-free emergency assistance 24 hours a day, every day and you choose the emergency medical provider
- $10,000,000 CAD in coverage for emergency excess hospital/medical treatment, anywhere in the world
- Includes pre-existing conditions coverage for people under 60 years of age for trips 35 days or less.
- $150,000 CAD optional coverage for pre-existing conditions available for purchase by people with unstable pre-existing conditions.
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage available
- Transportation coverage for your travelling companion to return with you
- Evacuation in a non-medical emergency, from a remote location
*Completion of a Medical Health Questionnaire is required by all applicants between the ages of 60 and 89 to determine the rate category for medical plans only.
Where words or expressions used in the above descriptions differ from the policy wordings the policy wordings will prevail.