BCTF School Staff Alert
May 6, 2009
Top ten reasons to vote for public education
- Continued disregard of regulations for class size and composition.
- Ever smaller funding increases for education down to zero in 2011–12.
- Increasing demand for more and more data but no increase in resources.
- Insufficient support for students with special needs, including the many who are not designated.
- Ever increasing emphasis on “achievement,” accountability, and testing.
- Greater efforts to control teaching and reduce professional autonomy.
- Increasing funding and promotion of private schools.
- No effort made to reduce child poverty.
- Continued ranking of schools based on the FSA.
- More school closures and struggling communities.
What more do you need!
When will they learn? May 12