We put our projects into transparent roadmaps to ensure we are always working on the most important thing to make BCTF.ca better and that everyone knows what will be coming next.
Here's what our web team is working on right now.
Currently working on
- Website "Find and Fix" - critical updates and content
Fixing critical website issues, errors and missing core content.
- Governance Documents Loading
Once the content for the upcoming school year is complete can loading older governance documents
- Loading additional content related to Social Justice, Employment Insurance, Benefits, New Teachers
- Improving Services & Guidance Navigation
- Loading Issues in Education
- Loading Getting Involved
- Improving Contacts page
- Loading additional Social Justice resources
- 2021-2022 School Year Content
Addition of content not available during website construction.
- Search Engine Improvements
The search engine was created to become better over time with more data on how people search. Once we have enough data we can start to improve the effectiveness of the search engine.
- Load remaining navigation features
Once we have more data on how people are using the website, we can enable new navigation features including drop down menus to make it easier to navigate the website.
- Service and Guidance Navigation
Making Services and Guidance easier to navigate
- Automating Provincial Specialist Association membership processing and poster orders
Once we have data on how PSA memberships and posters arrive, we can automate the process for BCTF staff
- Website "Find and Fix" - All updates
Fixing website issues, errors, exploring suggested ideas, adding new areas, new features and new content
- French Language Features
Once the website is complete we can start enabling the website's bilingual features
- Office Support Access
Addressing login issues for staff of member locals.
- Forced capitalization errors
Certain sections of the website force capitalization where capitalization may be inappropriate.
- Teaching Resource Images and Data
By adding more data to the teaching resources, we can improve the effectiveness of filtering resources.
- Improvement to search engine which improved results for 1329 searches
- EC and RA sections
- Improved search ability on minutes and decisions
- File archives of binder material
- About the BCTF
- Bargaining Information Section
New features better communicate during bargaining.
New shared file spaces for BCTF committees and workshop facilitators.
- Predictive Search
Search engine suggests possible matches to assist users looking for specific content.
- Changes to Advocacy and Issues Pages
Once we better understand how these pages are used, we can make needed improvements
- Readability Upgrade
Changes to make news and stories more readable
- Accessibility Upgrades
Additional improvements to improve website accessibility
- Teaching Resource Data Improvements
To make it easier to search and filter teaching resources, we will standardize keywords used