The BC Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) is seeking BCTF members to be endorsed candidates for the upcoming 2024 BC Teachers’ Council elections.
The BCTF process for endorsing the candidates takes place in the fall of 2023, leading up to the BC Teachers’ Council elections in 2024.
The council is composed of 18 members, 17 of whom are voting members:
- 4 members nominated by the BCTF
- 5 persons elected in the zones
- 1 member appointed by the First Nations Education Authority
- 7 persons appointed by the Minister, including one person with knowledge of independent schools.
The council is responsible for:
- Setting standards for applicants and educators in B.C., including education, competence, and professional conduct requirements
- Setting standards for post-secondary teacher education programs
- Reviewing and approving post-secondary teacher education programs.
- Only active BCTF members are eligible for BCTF endorsation as candidates in Teachers Council elections.
- Candidates must reside in the zone in which they are running.
Zonal Endorsation Grants and Council Election Grants are available to nominees and candidates. Details regarding the grants can be found in the Members' Guide, in section 7.A.16. More Information on procedures are detailed in section 7.A.18.
Complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct enquiries to:
Daniel Shiu, BC Teachers’ Federation, email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday, October 13, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
(late applications will not be accepted)
An applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information as to whether they self-identify as a member of an equity-seeking group.