1. Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- MSP provides premium assistance to those who qualify for lower, or no, premiums. This is particularly useful for TOCs and disabled members. (www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp)
2. Extended Health Benefits
- Residents of British Columbia not eligible for extended health benefits through an employer may be eligible for benefits through the BCTF Advantage Program. Please visit the Advantage program page for more details.
- Please note that to prevent pre-existing condition restrictions you should complete an application not later than 30 days after your present group coverage through your school board ceases. Check with your school board to determine when your current coverage ceases.
- One such coverage for Individual Extended Health Benefits that may include optical, dental, accidental death and dismemberment is available through Pacific Blue Cross. For further information contact Pacific Blue Cross between at:
Pacific Blue Cross
PO Box 7000 Vancouver, BC V6B 4E1
Telephone: 604-419-2200 or 1-800-873-2583, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. weekdays
- Residents of British Columbia are eligible for participation in PharmaCare by registering. (online: www.health.gov.bc.ca/pharmacare)
3. Dental Plan
Individual dental plans are available from private insurers including Pacific Blue Cross (see above). Dental benefits are also available through the BCTF Advantage Program.
4. Life Insurance
Group Insurance may be converted to individual insurance within 31 days of termination of the group plan coverage. Contact your school board for the address of the insurance providers.